halibut Dates and TRIPS
Halibut fishing is exciting because it is a longer range trip (40 to 50 miles), and the fish get big. It is not uncommon to catch halibut over 40 pounds. This trip is physically demanding with a longer ride, and fishing in water depths up to 750 feet. When weather and time permit we can also try for deepwater lingcod. Trip will leave between 4:30AM and 5:30AM depending on weather and tides.
2022 HALIBUT DATES
May 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
May 8th, 15th, 22nd
Departures: 4:30 to 5:30 AM
Limits: One Halibut (plus two Lingcod or seven Rockfish) up to a ten fish limit. If Quota remains we may have additional dates later in August and September.
What to Bring
- Wear warm clothing, dress in layers.
- Non-Scuffing Rubber Boots and Rain Gear
- Bring a lunch
- Small personal coolers allowed in cabin (not on deck)
- Seasickness meds if needed (not everyone feels the effects of the sea)
- You will need a Washington State Saltwater fishing License (14 years and younger no license required). A punch card for all ages if you’re Halibut fishing and or a Salmon punch card for Salmon trips.